Effective Tips For Homework In College: How To Do More In Less Time
In college, you get more and more work without having a clue as to how to fit it all into a day. There is plenty of reading to do to keep up with class. You have a life to live, play sports and socialize. And then you get handed a stack of homework assignments on top of it all to make your life miserable. Not good.
But do not worry. There are ways to do more in a short amount of time. Read on to see how.
Always Plan Ahead and Be Prepared
The things that helps people get things done faster is being prepared beforehand. You know you are going to get homework; there is absolutely no excuse for not being prepared for it.
- Set a time of day each day and always do your homework at that time. This mental image of that time as homework time will focus your mind on the task at hand and not let other thoughts interfere.
- Find a great place to do your homework and do it there every day. This place should ideally be quiet and far away from other people. A library is the best place. Everybody keeps quiet and to themselves and anyone breaking the rules gets a harsh look from a foreboding librarian. It’s a perfect setting for quick homework without disturbance.
- Always have the essentials on hand to complete your homework. If you are getting up every five minutes to get another pencil or the calculator from another room, you are wasting valuable time and energy.
- Keep distracting temptations at bay while working. You can watch your favorite television series later, just TIVO it. That text message on your cell can wait 20 minutes. Facebook is old and boring now and twitter will have to wait.
- Divide and conquer your homework. Do the hard stuff first. Things will get easier as you go along with the flow. Make sure you do the homework that is due in the earliest, first. That will help you meet deadlines. Prioritizing parts of your homework will also help you get it done quicker.
Follow the steps above and you will soon see that preparation and organization are the things that will help you do anything you want to do in a lesser amount of time. Good luck with your work!